Friday, February 9, 2007

Almost 15 years...

It has been almost 15 years since the phone call from the medics that were at the accident site. "Your family has been in a car accident and we need you to come and help calm your son down" My introduction to Traumatic Brain Injury. I began to read and study everything I could find on the brain and injury to the brain and since that time, I have been the primary caretaker for my husband. We now own a small ranch in Texas and are loving it. We have 50 acres and 5 head of cattle (it is amazing how fast a calf can become your pet) right on the Guadalupe River. My husband continues to suffer in his speech, balance and vision but is able to keep up with the mowing on our place with his tractor. He thrives on keeping active and with his balance issues it does present a challenge sometimes. So...almost 15 years later I have found an opportunity to work at home and continue to earn a living through this wonderful thing called the Internet. Click on the link "You Can Work At Home Too".

No comments: